115 West Charnwood, Tyler, TX 75707 (903) 944-7534
Dr. Williams runs the ADHD Clinic of East Texas in Tyler, Texas.
Dr. Daniel Williams, M.D. is board certified in Psychiatry by the American Board of
Psychiatry and Neurology and specializes in PTSD and co-occurring Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). You do not have to have PTSD to get treatment for ADHD!
Fourteen to 36% of patients with Posttraumatic Stress Disorder also have ADHD. Since the May 2013 publication of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual 5th Edition, the previous label of ADD has been rolled up into ADHD - predominantly inattentive, predominantly hyperactive, or combined.
Professionals and the working class help manage projects, personnel and create jobs. Performing at your best without unnecessary inattention, forgetfulness, energy or motivation is critical for quality of life and making a meaningful contribution to society. If you or someone you love is struggling with symptoms of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, complete the following forms and schedule an appointment for an in-person psychiatric evaluation and formal testing for ADHD with Dr. Daniel Williams, M.D.
How to Make an Appointment:
- Click here to check appointment availability online by visiting Mary's Reflexology & Trinity Healing, LLC. Click on the icon at the bottom to schedule through the Wellness Living platform. Then click "Psychiatry" to display the different appointment types available.
- Intake Assessment Form. If you do not complete this ahead of time, your time will be used to complete this documentation and not thoroughly reviewing the history with you verbally. A second 30 minute session may be required for complex histories (with three or more diagnoses) if this documentation is not done prior to the first appointment. See the Fee Schedule to estimate the cost for the additional time you'll need.
- Arrive 10 minutes early to your in-person appointment.
- Follow-up visits don't have to be done in person, but can be done via Tele-Mental Health. See Psychiatry Clinic Rules section below for further details.
Psychiatry Clinic Rules
- Formal testing to establish the diagnosis of ADHD will be performed during the first in-person psychiatric evaluation appointment. Thorough screening for substance abuse history and potential will be performed. If a patient does not have a diagnosable condition for which stimulants can be prescribed, medications will not be issued.
- If you are 10 minutes late for your appointment and the next patient after you has already arrived, you may have to wait for a break in the schedule to be seen.
- Payment is due at time of service. See Fee Schedule below for further details.
- If you do not call to cancel your appointment with AT LEAST 72 hours' notice, you will be billed for the full amount of the appointment you missed. The full amount must be paid before you will be rescheduled for another appointment. No-Show fees are equal to the full amount due for the missed appointment, as outlined in the Fee Schedule.
- Two No-Shows in a 12-month period will result in automatic termination of the doctor-patient relationship. An adequate time for you to find another medical provider will be given to avoid medical complications. Alternative psychiatrists will be discussed in the first in-person psychiatric evaluation and 60 days worth of refills from the date of the second N0-Show appointment will be provided.
Your credit card will be securely stored on the Wellness Living platform obtained during your first in-person psychiatric evaluation. It will be retained to assess the following fees. We do not process insurance claims but will provide documentation upon request for you to file the claims on your own. Requests for documentation at the time of service will incur no additional fees.
- Initial Psychiatric Evaluation - $350 / 30 minutes. This is the initial evaluation with Dr. Daniel Williams, M.D. for diagnosis and the creation of your treatment plan. The abbreviated, 30-minute appointment time assumes that you have already completed the Intake Assessment Form listed above. If you have not done the paperwork prior to the appointment, you will not have time to also do the full Psychiatric Evaluation. Additional time will be billed in 15 minute increments of $175. NOTE: there is a $350 for failing to give 72 hours' notice of cancellation.
- Psychiatric Medication Management: Follow-Up In Person - $175 / 15 minutes. This is a subsequent appointment with Dr. Daniel Williams, M.D., AFTER you have already had the Initial Psychiatric Evaluation Appointment. Medication management appointments typically cover how well medications are working, side effects, mood, and a brief review of how well you are managing life stress. NOTE: there is a $175 for failing to give 72 hours' notice of cancellation.
- Psychiatric Medication Management: Follow-Up via Tele-Mental Health - $95 / 10 minutes. This option allows you to have check-up appointments and changes to medications without coming to see Dr. Daniel Williams, M.D. in-person. This will not only save you money, but allows for more flexible scheduling and can get your medications dialed in faster. Please allow a 1-hour grace period for connecting initially in case technical difficulties arise. NOTE: there is a $95 for failing to give 72 hours' notice of cancellation.
- Physician Administrative Time - $35 per task. This accounts for the time-consuming administrative tasks that are necessary to run a high-functioning outpatient medical practice. Tasks include medication refill (when no medication adjustment or follow up visit is needed), medical records request processing per clinic visit (up to 10 pages), physician statements, physician letters, forms, and related work. No fee is assessed if the documentation is provided during an in-person appointment.
Evren, C., Umut, G., Alniak, I., Carkci, O., Karabulut, V., Cetin, T., ... & Agachanli, R. (2016). Relationship linking ADHD symptoms with severe dissociative experiences and PTSD symptoms in a sample of inpatients with alcohol use disorder. Heroin Addiction and Related Clinical Problems, 18(4), 11-18.
Update 10/24/2017. Services, clinic rules, and fee schedule to change without notice.