Since 2006, Premedical Solutions, LLC has been innovating solutions to prevent illness and improve physician empathy. Daniel M. Williams, M.D., P.A. combined his love for private practice and online mentorship training in 2021.
Our vision is to provide an effective alternative to mainstream treatment for PTSD. To this end, we like to clarify a few beliefs we hold that helped us set up our approach:
- Traditional counseling spends too much time and energy talking about the trauma details.
- Managing the energy of emotion and finding purpose again usually helps the most.
- Medications for PTSD, without any other mental health disorders present, typically focus on sleep.
- Enough knowledge about your condition can help wipe away shame.
- Small, daily efforts towards a balanced lifestyle are evidence of self-forgiveness and hope.
- Consume all of the free stuff first! Watch the podcasts, video courses, and, if you still have questions or need support, then book a 30-minute appointment with Dr. Williams to discuss your specific journey.
1. Williams DM, Tsan JY, Trent ME, Copeland LA. Implementation of a Community Psychological Treatment Program for Military Families: Project Homefront. The International Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities Invention, Vol. 3, Iss. 4. April 2016. http://valleyinternational.net/index.php/our-jou/theijsshi/archive/150-theijsshi-volume-3-issue-4-april-2016/581-implementation-of-a-community-psychological-treatment-program-for-military-families-project-homefront (Accessed May 9, 2016)
2. Trent ME, Wehbe-Janek H, Hegefeld WA, Williams DM, Waldo KB. Impact of health care adversity on providers: Lessons learned from a staff support program. American Society for Healthcare Risk Management, vol 36, no 2.
3. Williams D. Combat PTSD in America: Toward a Permanent Solution. 1 ed. Raleigh, North Carolina: Combat PTSD Press; 2016.
4. Williams, Daniel, Annie Janise, Robert Reid, and Diana Robinson. "The Prevalence of Burnout Among Premedical Students.” PreMed Life Magazine. May-June 2015: 30-35. Epub 2015 May 4.
5. Rubin R. Recent suicides highlight need to address depression in medical students and residents (quoted in). JAMA. 2014;312(17):1725-1727.
6. Williams DM. First Episode Psychosis and Lavender Exposure: A Case Report. American Open Toxinology Journal 2014; 1:1-4.
7. Joules N, Williams DM, Thompson AW. Depression in Resident Physicians: A Systematic Review. Open Journal of Depression 2014; 3:89-100.
8. Williams D, Tricomi G, Gupta J, Janise A. Efficacy of Burnout Interventions in the Medical Education Pipeline. Academic Psychiatry 2014: 1-8.
9. Williams DM. Cracking the Code on the "Hidden Curriculum" in the Medical Education Pipeline and its Contribution to Attrition. Journal of Unschooling and Alternative Education 2014.
10. Thompson AW, Williams DM, Angelino A, Freudenreich O, Treisman GJ. Psychotic Disorders and Severe Mental Illness. In: Cohen MA, Gorman JM, Jacobson JM, Volberding P, Letendre S, eds. Comprehensive Textbook of AIDS Psychiatry - A Paradigm for Integrated Care. 2 ed. New York, NY: Oxford University Press; 2014.
11. Janise A, Williams D. Paroxysmal Hypnogenic Dyskinesia: A Video Case Report. Valley Forge, PA: RT Sleep World; 2014.
12. Williams DM, Ognibene T, Anda Hd, Freeman R. MMC Helps Gets Students Accepted Into Med School. In: About MMC Mobile. http://medical-mastermind-community.com/uploads/MMC-Helps-Students-Get-Accepted-Into-Med-School.pdf: Premedical Solutions, LLC; 2013.
13. Williams DM, Ognibene TM, Anda Hd, Freeman RS. Mastermind Approach Raises GPA and MCAT Scores. In: About MMC Mobile. http://medical-mastermind-community.com/uploads/Mastermind-Approach-Increases-GPA-and-MCAT-Scores.pdf: Premedical Solutions, LLC; 2013.
14. Williams DM. Paroxysmal Hypnogenic Dyskinesia Responsive to Doxylamine: A Case Report. Case Reports in Neurological Medicine 2012; 2012:484689.
15. Williams DM. Medical School Podcasts: Choosing Teaching Technology Based Upon Evidence. Southwest Teaching and Learning Journal 2012; 2:87-91.
16. Hill N, Williamson J. Napoleon Hill: Yesterday and Today for Tomorrow (quoted in). Napoleon Hill Foundation; 2011.
1. The Science of Full-Spectrum Hemp Oil: The Truth About Medical Marijuana vs. CBD Oil. 2018-Present. Various Locations.
2. Trauma Themes in Post-Combat Reintegration. Combat PTSD Conference for Veterans and Dallas-Area First Responders. August 27, 2016. Lewisville, TX.
3. Medications for Insomnia in Posttraumatic Stress Disorder. Combat PTSD Conference for Veterans and First Responders. July 9, 2016. The Cascades, Tyler, TX.
4. PTSD Treatment: Where Psychiatry and Neurology Intersect. The Neurology Symposium. March 18, 2016. Tyler, TX.
5. The Biology of PTSD. Combat PTSD Conference for Veterans. March 12, 2016. Lone Star Church, Tyler, TX.
6. Cutting Edge Advances in PTSD Treatment. Inside the PTSD Mind: East Texas Medical Center EMS Series. February 12, 2016. Tyler, TX.
7. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Substance Abuse. Knowledge First, East Texas Medical Center’s Health Education Series. December 14, 2015. Tyler, TX.
8. Measuring Progress in Dual Diagnosis Patients: PTSD and Substance Abuse. Smith County Trauma-Informed Court Educational Series. December 11, 2015. Tyler, TX.
9. What It’s Like to Go to War: Etiology of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Medication Interventions and Treatment Challenges. Texas Psychological Association 2015 Conference. November 15, 2015. San Antonio, TX.
10. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Weekly Round Table Series. East Texas Medical Center, October 14, 2015 – Present. Tyler, TX.
11. The Prevalence of Burnout Among Premedical Students. Robinson, D., Williams, D. 168th American Psychiatric Association Annual Meeting; International, Medical Student – Resident Competition Poster. May 16-20, 2015, Toronto, Ontario Canada.
12. Patient Safety and First Responder Stress Management. Leaders Quorum, East Texas Medical Center, Emergency Medical System. April 24, 2014. Tyler, TX.
13. Counseling the Veteran and Active Duty Military Population. Faculty presentation, University of Texas at Tyler, Department of Advising. March 17, 2015. Tyler, TX.
14. The Clinical Management of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Advanced Practice Symposium. January 27, 2015. Baylor Scott & White Health, Temple, TX.
15. Challenges in Contemporary HIV Care. Schwartz Center Rounds: A multidisciplinary forum where clinical caregivers discuss social & emotional issues that arise in caring for patients. November 6, 2014. Baylor Scott & White Health, Temple, TX.
16. Major Depression and Suicide Over the Lifespan. Mental Health and Wellness Conference. October 24, 2014. Central Texas College, Killeen, TX.
17. Depression in Resident Physicians. Departmentally-Nominated Podium Presentation. 2nd Annual Academic Operations Research Days, May 10, 2014. Texas A&M Health Science Center, Temple TX.
18. Medical Student Mental Health Initiatives at Baylor Scott and White Health. 2nd Annual Research Days. May 9, 2014. Texas A&M Health Science Center, Temple TX.
19. Homefront: Impact Of A Post-Deployment Family Health Initiative On Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Depression, And Anxiety in Active Duty Soldiers. International Society for Affective Disorders, April 28-30, 2014. Berlin, Germany.
20. The 3 D’s of Geriatric Psychopathology: Delirium, Dementia and Depression. Scott and White Healthcare Geriatric Conference. April 16, 2014. Temple TX.
21. Sleep Disorders in Military Veterans of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom. 2014 Philadelphia Sleep Conference, March 28, 2014. Valley Forge, PA.
22. Sleep-Induced Movement Disorders. 2014 Philadelphia Sleep Conference, March 28, 2014. Valley Forge, PA.
23. Medical Student Burnout: The Evidence Base Meets the United States Medical Licensing Exam Step 1. Gold Humanism Honor Society, Texas A&M Health Science Center, February 24, 2014.
24. Vocational Rehabilitation in the Medical Education Pipeline. Grand Rounds. May 3, 2013. Texas A&M University, Scott & White Healthcare Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science. Temple, TX.
25. Efficacy of Burnout Interventions in the Medical Education Pipeline: A Systematic Review. Daniel Williams, MD; Gian Tricomi, MD; Becky McKay. Texas Society of Psychiatric Physicians. November 11, 2012. Galveston, TX. [AND] Research Days. Scott & White Hospital. May 7, 2013. Temple, TX.
26. Medical Mastermind Community: A Pilot Project To Recruit Disadvantaged Students Into Medical Careers. Daniel Williams, Toni Ognibene, Heather de Anda, Randy Freeman. National Hispanic Medical Association Conference, April 26-29, 2012. Washington, D.C.
27. Usage of “New Media” Channels For Pre-Medical Curriculum In Classrooms And Distance Learning Environments. Daniel Williams, Chanhee Jo. Southwest Teaching & Learning Conference, March 30-31, 2012. Texas A&M - San Antonio, TX.
28. 15-Year Plan To Increase Rural Physician Distribution In Texas. Daniel Williams. January 28, 2012. Committee on Rural Health. Texas Medical Association’s 2012 Winter Conference, Austin, TX.
29. Activity Patterns of the Madagascrophis occelatus in Captivity. Daniel Williams, Neil Ford. March 2002. Texas Academy of Science, Laredo, TX.